Monday, June 8, 2009

And we're back

We loaded the car and headed back west yesterday morning. Me, Jackson, Lily Kate, Lucy and the several hundreds of dollars worth of toys that neither of my children needed drove 11 hours back to Houston! It really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Although I received many pity looks when I was carrying Lily Kate and trying to keep Jackson confined, especially when I loaded both of them in and then got Lucy out of the back. I could just see the words running through some of those old ladies minds, "Oh bless her heart...". Ha! But I did it and not only that I did it well! I made the same time, maybe even a little faster, than Justin and I driving together! Most importantly we had a great time with my parents. Even when Jackson pulled stunts like calling Boss an idiot. (I don 't know what he was thinking) It did make me feel better when the next day in the car he said "Mommy, what does idiot mean?" Followed by me explaining it and his response was "Oh I didn't know that." Believe me he quickly learned after saying it that it was the wrong thing to do!
We are now back in the swing of things here. LK is back in school and Jackson will be going on Tues and Thurs. I woke up this morning and felt no rush to get somewhere and leisurely made lunches and got dressed. Oh I love not working!!

No comments:

Post a Comment